- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage:
- Job Location: Washington, PA
Are you looking to jump-start your career by serving at a nonprofit organization? Join the Blueprints’ team as an AmeriCorps VISTA member and assist with the continuation and enhancement of marketing content, program promotions & much more.
This is an AmeriCorps position, which is a full time position that provides a monthly living allowance, medical insurance, and a $6,095 end-of-service Education Award (For more information on AmeriCorps, visit www.americorps.gov).
This position runs from August 2019 – July 2020
Position Description: Blueprints is seeking a motivated, energetic individual to fulfill an AmeriCorps Volunteer position. The AmeriCorps Member will serve as a Communications liaison for the agency. This person will assist our Communications Manager with all marketing, digital content, agency outreach and much more. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Frame organizational mission to various audiences; clientele, sponsors, supporters, volunteers, staff, board
- Write and produce content for distribution
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites, etc.
- Maintain and uphold branding strategy
- Facilitate social media presence
- Update website information
- Recruit for Blueprints’ programs
- Assist with special event planning
- Assist with the design and research of promotional items, company letterhead, etc.
- Assist with organizing and maintain a database of supporters
- Track return on investment of outreach efforts; suggest enhancements and changes if necessary
- Assist in generating new ideas to increase market penetration/communication strategies
Regular hours are M-F, 9:00 – 4:30pm. Some evening hours may be required. This position will be based out of our office in Washington, PA but will require some travel to and work at other locations. For more information about Blueprints, visit www.myblueprints.org.
Program Benefits: Childcare assistance if eligible, Health Care Coverage, Living Stipend ($11,880), Education Award ($6,095) OR End of Service Award ($1,800) at the end of your year-of-service.
To Apply: You can apply online at www.myblueprints.org or send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to HR Generalist/Recruiter, 150 W. Beau St., Suite 304, Washington, PA 15301 or call 724-225-9550 ext. 412 for more details.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical, TB, and Drug/Alcohol Testing
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.