- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage: 17.08
- Job Location: Fairmont, WV
- Reports to: Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field with 2+ years’ experience working with children and families
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Monday – Friday and occasional evenings and weekends.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
- Develop and maintain a plan for the recruitment and screening of potential foster parents according to the office needs as directed by the WV State Manager.
- Design and maintain items or advertisements in conjunction with the Blueprints Communications Manager for the purpose of community outreach and foster parent recruitment activities.
- Coordinate foster parent recruitment including tracking of recruitment activities and potential foster parent screening.
- Coordinate adoption activities with tracking of documentation requirements and court appointments/data.
- Provide information to those inquiring about foster parenting through telephone conversations, walk-ins, home visits, and/or forwarding additional information to potential applicants (i.e., brochures, applications, etc.)
- Maintain a tracking system of all inquiries and applicants
- Maintain active foster parent files.
- Conduct interviews with prospective foster parents.
- Develop and conduct training for prospective foster parents utilizing the treatment foster care training.
- Provide additional training to foster parents, and staff, as needed.
- Take and follow through with referrals regarding foster care services when Program Supervisor is unavailable.
- Visit each foster home quarterly to determine any foster home concerns and to meet training needs.
- Facilitate support groups for foster parents.
- Create and distribute newsletter to foster parents.
- Understand and maintain compliance of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and professional credentialing standards for foster care. Understand and maintain compliance with agency policies.
- Follow through with corrective action/disciplinary action if foster parent is out of compliance with regulations as assigned by the WV State Manager.
- Participate in Supervisory On-Call Rotation.
- Complete other Agency social and Medicaid services to clients or biological families in relation to education or training of skills as assigned and complete the necessary follow up documentation. (Services may include parenting, visitation, etc.)
- Assist with visitation and transportation needs of clients and biological families – as assigned/approved by the WV State Manager.
- Assist foster parent recruitment and outreach efforts in other WV offices.
- Plan and organize foster parent appreciation events and holiday party.
- Responsible to implement the recruitment and screening activities. This includes facilitating recruitment activities such as displays, booths, community events, speaking engagements, and general advertising, etc.
- Tracking of recruitment activities and screening activities on a monthly basis.
- Attend all referral, DHHR, and community outreach meetings as assigned by the WV State Manager.
- Assist in identifying new community resources for recruitment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources and community resources.
- Possess a working knowledge of the agency and foster care program’s organizational structure, goals, and procedures.
- Responsible to complete, submit, and file all necessary documentation for the client file including but not limited to: intake documentation, case notes, individual service plans, visitation documentation, monthly progress reports and assessments.
- Maintain a minimum of bi-weekly face-to-face contact with each client on assigned caseload.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to email@example.com. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.