- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage: Commensurate w/Education & Experience
- Job Location: Washington, PA
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Strong work tenure; five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must display advanced proficiency in computer software usage and have a demonstrated knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment, including social media.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated design and desk top publishing ability.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward and creative thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, thinks outside the box and proposes new solutions.
COMPUTER SKILLS NEEDED:
- Computer: Advanced
- Internet: Advanced
- Email: Advanced
- Word: Advanced
- Excel: Intermediate
- PowerPoint: Advanced
- Social Media: Advanced
- Publisher: Advanced
- Desktop Design: Advanced
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 – 4:30pm *exempt position
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
Communications, Fundraising and Events
- Develops and operationalizes the internal and external communication strategy and plan for the organization to advance Blueprints’ mission and increase visibility with internal and external audiences, in collaboration with the CEO.
- Creates all print communications including the annual report, outreach and marketing collateral materials and electronic communications.
- Develops templates for print collaterals (flyers, posters, brochures) for program use.
- Works in close collaboration, builds and fosters relationships with program directors, the Admin Team and the IT staff to assure a coordinated communication approach throughout the organization.
- Supervises the Administrative Specialist, VISTA volunteers and others who support the Communication function.
- Manages the Raiser’s Edge data base (or other), keeping donor information current, analyzing data and preparing reports to inform data-based decision making.
- Receives, tracks and reports all donations; coordinates with fiscal staff.
- Writes and sends acknowledgement of all donations, involving CEO as appropriate.
- Writes, coordinates and organizes media releases, social media postings, and electronic newsletter and correspondence to donors.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with donors, media contacts and other stakeholders to assure the best interest and advancement of Blueprints.
- Serves as the organizational “gatekeeper” of branding. Assures that all publications, materials, signage, and other materials comply with organizational standards and brand. Approves media buys and authorizes final copy, marketing and outreach materials, and all branded items.
- Organizes and coordinates annual and special events and initiatives such as the legislative breakfast, golf outing, sporting clay shoot, donor reception, annual appeal and others.
- Sets goals for communication and fundraising, tracks and reports outcomes.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to email@example.com. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical, TB, and Drug/Alcohol Testing
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.