- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage: 10.99
- Job Location: Carmichaels, PA
- Reports to: Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in Food Service field preferred
- Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 2:30PM
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
- Participate in required meetings and training opportunities which may involve out-of-town travel.
- Reads from menus to estimate food requirements (according to the CACFP requirements) and completes food order for vendor and/or purchase it from a local vendor. Also, responsible for proper storing of food and supplies.
- Checks temperatures of milk coolers, freezer, and refrigerators and records it daily. Adjusts thermostat controls to regulated temperatures to maintain proper temperature.
- Measures and mixes ingredients using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams foods as required.
- Ensures proper temperature of food for serving by use of a calibrated Bl-metallic food thermometer.
- Portion food into serving plates and bowls for family style meal service.
- Makes appropriate substitutions according to CACFP regulations.
- Records menu changes on menu.
- Models healthy eating with students; assist children as needed.
- Prepares meals for children with special feeding needs.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen/workspace prior to and after food service.
- Takes out the garbage.
- Vacuums/sweeps entry ways and classrooms.
- Disinfects child and adult bathrooms (cleaning surfaces and mopping the floor).
- Record and complete necessary CACFP documentation/recording logs.
- Responsible for obtaining and reporting Non-Federal In-Kind.
- Serve as a resource to all Blueprints Service Areas for staff training, client services and outreach.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.