- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage:
- Job Location: Washington, PA, Washington County
- Reports to: Education Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with a minimum of 30 ECE credits.
- Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Schedule will vary to meet program needs)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provides direct supervision, guidance and supports to the HS teaching staff and classrooms to continually increase the quality of positive interactions, teaching practices, and classroom environments.
- Works directly in the classroom to conduct observations, provide guidance, modeling, team teaching, and academic & classroom management techniques.
- Utilizes coaching and a reflective leadership approach with teaching teams to promote continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding of the CLASS assessment tool; regularly embeds this knowledge into coaching sessions with team members.
- Maintains CLASS reliable certification and conducts internal CLASS observations.
- Utilizes the results of the CLASS observations to provide constructive feedback and continually improve the quality of interactions in the classroom leading to higher level CLASS scores.
- Monitors proper implementation of the approved curriculum to ensure fidelity and provides feedback to teachers; connecting lesson plans/standards/ and assessments weekly.
- Collaborates, coordinates and plans with the PBIS Specialist and PBC Coach to maximize coaching resources and support in classrooms.
- Guides teaching staff in developing and updating individualized professional development plans in coordination with the Professional Development Specialist.
- Completes performance evaluations of teaching staff annually and performance improvement plans when needed.
- Collaborates with HR and the Professional Development Specialist to recruit, hire, and retain high quality classroom staff.
- Supports the growth & development of new staff members in coordination with the Professional Development Specialist.
- Assists in maintaining an active substitute list to ensure classroom compliance and coverage.
- Practices data based decision making to support teaching teams and classrooms.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of Developmentally Appropriate Practices for Young Children (DAP), school readiness, and the Head Start Early Learning Outcome Framework (HSELOF).
- Utilizes ECLKC and the National Center on Quality Teaching and Learning (NCQTL) to support professional growth of team members.
- Coordinates with each of the HS unit areas (Education, Family & Community, Health & Nutrition, Mental Health/Disabilities and Home Base) to improve the quality of services.
- Implements the Head Start Performance Standards and other applicable funding source regulations and requirements.
- Maintains a highly positive, non-judgmental attitude and participates in/and foster high levels of collaboration with Education Manager, teachers and other center based staff.
- Responsible for obtaining and forwarding documentation for Non-Federal Share/In-Kind to Blueprints administration.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to email@example.com. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.