- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage:
- Job Location: Washington, PA
- Reports to: Education Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with a minimum of 30 ECE credits.
- Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 4:00PM (Schedule will vary to meet program needs)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for providing new hire and ongoing training throughout the introductory period for all education staff members on pertinent topics (i.e. CLASS, curriculum, screening & assessment, effective teaching practices, active supervision, etc.) (1302.92).
- Responsible for implementing “research-based approaches to professional development for education staff, that are focused on effective curricula implementation, knowledge of the content in Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five, partnering with families, supporting children with disabilities and their families, providing effective and nurturing adult-child interactions, supporting dual language learners as appropriate, addressing challenging behaviors, preparing children and families for transitions, and use of data to individualize learning experiences to improve outcomes for all children” as stated in HSPPS 1302.92(b)(5).
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding of the CLASS assessment tool; regularly embeds this knowledge into individual and group professional development activities.
- Oversees and coordinates the “Individualized Professional Development Plan” (IPDP) system to ensure compliance with the HSPPS and other applicable regulations. (Sec. 648A)
- Coordinates data, resources, and credits to support professional growth and qualification requirements for staff members (i.e. PQAS, ACT 48, CDA, Child Plus, PD Registry, etc.).
- Promotes and supports professional growth and ECE career pathways for staff members, substitutes, and program parents.
- Initiates, handles the logistics, and participates in the interview process for all open education positions.
- Oversees and coordinates activities related to classroom substitutes including assisting in maintaining an active substitute list; onboarding and ongoing training of substitutes; regularly reviewing substitute evaluations; taking daily call-offs and scheduling substitutes for daily coverage.
- Utilizes ECLKC and the National Center on Quality Teaching and Learning (NCQTL) to support professional growth of education staff.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of Developmentally Appropriate Practices for Young Children (DAP), school readiness, and the Head Start Early Learning Outcome Framework (HSELOF).
- Implements the Head Start Performance Standards and other applicable funding source regulations and requirements.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.