- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage: Commensurate with Experience
- Job Location: Washington, PA
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Post-secondary education preferred in business related area.
- Strong work tenure; five years related experience and/or training or equivalent of education and experience.
- Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, administrative team members and departments, including managing the CEO’s Outlook calendar, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging travel plans, meetings, itineraries and agendas.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with board members, donors, staff and others on matters related to CEO’s priorities and initiatives.
- Greets, screens and directs visitors to the administrative suite, announces visitors to administrative team members, escorts visitors as appropriate.
- Receives, opens and processes CEO’s mail on a daily basis.
- Answers CEO’s phone, screens and directs calls; provides assistance to callers as appropriate.
- Arranges meetings, communicates with program directors and other staff to coordinate business on behalf of CEO and administrative team members.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, assists with preparation of agendas and materials for meetings and events, keeps the CEO updated and informed of internal and external matters.
- Proactively anticipates and responds to CEO’s needs by monitoring CEO calendar, having an awareness of CEO’s priorities and work plan.
- Completes reports as requested, provides clerical support to administrative team members and departments.
- Runs errands, obtains signatures on documents, purchases supplies and refreshments for meetings, assures that beverages are available in administrative suite and CEO office for guests.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board of Directors Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO’s liaison to the board of directors; attends all board and committee meetings and prepares minutes; manages the board calendar, provides notification of all meetings, monitors and secures quorum, arranges meetings, venues, refreshments and materials.
- Maintains board records, organizes and updates board manual, organizes and posts board documents and information packets to the website, and assures that bylaws are adhered to.
- Drafts documents including board and committee agendas, resolutions, etc. for CEO.
- Builds effective relationships with board members to garner support and commitment to Blueprints; maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships.
Record and Office Administration
- Formulates and updates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, digitization and disposal of administrative records. Implements.
- Periodically uses the procurement policy to negotiate and obtain best prices from office supply vendors; communicates preferred vendor practice organization wide, coordinating and approving procurement as necessary.
- Coordinates the acquisition of office supplies, organization letterhead, envelopes, postage and office equipment for administrative offices, consulting IT, communications and others as appropriate.
- Manages the contract tracking and filing system, coordinating among program service areas, executive staff, board members and finance.
- Creates and manages a tracking and filing system for all Early Learning leases, in collaboration with the Early Learning Administrative Assistant and finance staff.
- Oversees and schedules Welcome Center coverage/calendar; provides back-up to cover breaks, leave time, and vacancies, along with other administrative staff.
Building & Facilities
- Creates and maintains a current record of ARI and PBA tenants, leases and files. Advises CEO of upcoming lease expirations.
- Receives, organizes and directs ARI and PBA mail to VP Operations; prepares vouchers for VPO signature.
- Coordinates ARI board meetings, takes minutes, and maintains administrative files.
- Schedules and maintains Blueprints meeting facilities, administrative offices, common areas and conference rooms, assuring a well-supplied, clean, organized and professional atmosphere.
Special Events and Projects
- Assists CEO and administrative team members and departments with organizing and implementing special events and projects.
- Takes the lead on presentation development, audiovisual equipment, virtual meeting platforms, materials, telephonic and computer equipment during board, committee and other executive meetings, as assigned.
- Provides support, as directed, to communications staff for special events.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to email@example.com. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.