- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage:
- Job Location: Greene County, Washington County
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- S.N., R.N., L.P.N., Course work in nutrition required, or equivalent hours of food and Nutrition course work/work experience.
- Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
- Plans, formulates, implements, monitors and evaluates goals, procedures activities, etc. in the Health and Nutrition areas as specified the Head Start Performance Standards, CACFP and other applicable regulations.
- Supervise Nutrition staff, evaluate staff performance, initiate corrective action where necessary, and document results of evaluations and corrective actions.
- Responsible for input into the Health and Nutrition budgets annually, including appropriate utilization of expenditures.
- Supports school readiness including input regarding school readiness activities in the area of health and nutrition.
- Supports and fosters formation and maintenance of collaborative relationships with health and nutrition resources in the community.
- Provides oversight and completion of staff’s professional development plans based on assessment of needs annually.
- Responsible for data entry, record keeping, tracking, checking and reporting of information for the annual Program Information Report and CACFP reports.
- Work with staff, parents/guardians and/or medical providers to obtain and maintain up to date EPSDT requirements.
- Provide health and nutrition education to parents/guardians and staff and implementation of health and nutrition curricula.
- Review accident reports, consultation to parents and/or staff regarding potential health/safety risks, working with appropriate staff to minimize/address risks.
- Train staff and monitor medication administration to children.
- Develop health and/or nutrition care plans including any training required.
- Orientation of new staff members and ongoing training regarding their job responsibilities in conjunction with the V.P. of Human Resources and provide technical assistance to all subordinates as needed.
- Responsible for obtaining and reporting Non-Federal In-Kind.
- Operate agency vehicle when required.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.