- Time Category: Full Time
- Entry Wage: 19.18
- Job Location: Washington, PA
- Reports to: WIC Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- B.S. in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition or Registered Nurse. Must be approved by State WIC Agency.
- Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM , 1-2 days a month 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
- Transport and assemble clinic equipment such as: printers, breast pumps, anthropometric devices, laptop computers, etc.
- Communicate effectively with staff and participants utilizing VENA.
- Responsible for certification of WIC participants.
- Complete procedure of distribution and accountability of food benefits. Issue and provide accountability for identification and verification of certification cards.
- Serve as liaison and make appropriate referrals between medical services, social services and WIC participants.
- Provide training of local agency WIC staff.
- Responsible for operations of WIC Clinic.
- Review monthly schedules and reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Nutrition Education and Breastfeeding Plan.
- Perform health, anthropometric and hemoglobin assessments and analyze and interpret results.
- Participate in continuing education programs.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Use a variety of State WIC data system applications appropriately and accurately.
- Maintain individual clinic files, document appropriate comments.
- Collect and record data for the inter-agency referral system.
- Provide program information to participants.
- Educate clients on Farmers Market Program and distribute Farmers Market vouchers.
- Notify Supervisor when scheduling indicates a need for staff change.
- Cooperate with other staff, assist with outreach activities.
- Determine nutritional risk.
- Serve as a resource to all Blueprints Service Areas for staff training, client services and outreach.
- Market WIC in the community to health care providers, social service agencies, daycares, educational facilities, businesses and the general public.
- Secure appropriate internal and state approvals for implementation of outreach indicatives.
- Assist in meeting all requirements of State Policy Section 6: Outreach/Referral.
- Provide nutrition education on an individual or group level.
- Ensure appropriate supplies and equipment is available at assigned sites.
- Actively promote and support breastfeeding.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Statement providing Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and future applicants.
- Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualifications will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law.
BREAK BARRIERS – BUILD FUTURES
For more information visit our website www.myblueprints.org
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to email@example.com. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.