- Time Category: Part Time
- Entry Wage: $12.39
- Job Location: Charleroi, PA
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- One year experience working with children 0-5 years old in a professional capacity required.
- Experience related to the program model of service delivery preferred.
- Operate agency vehicle when required.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university. Early Childhood Education degree preferred.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential (minimum).
- Monday thru Friday, 8:30am – 2:00pm
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
- Assist the Teacher in planning and developing daily lesson plans as well as individual lesson plans that meet the needs of all children.
- Help plan and promote a flexible child oriented classroom.
- Assist the Teacher in documenting progress reports and daily observations of children through the use of the Creative Curriculum.
- Assist children in helping with the preparation for breakfast and the serving of lunch.
- Assist in the preparation of the arrival and departure of the children.
- Foster the development of good manners, eating habits, health and personal hygiene.
- Be aware of proper safety practices and procedures and ensure a safe environment.
- Assist the Teacher in small and large group activities.
- Assist the Teacher in sanitizing classroom items regularly.
- Assist the Teacher in scheduling times each day for greeting children, free play, gross motor play, cleaning up between activities, transitioning between activities, etc.
- Follow designated curriculum (i.e., Creative Curriculum and others).
- Actively interact with children during scheduled activities.
- Encourage parent involvement in the program.
- Assist the Teacher in preparing for and completing parent/teacher conferences.
- Assist in the submission of child outcomes and observations as required (e.g., completion of data input of children’s developmental information into cc.net).
- Utilize developmentally appropriate learning materials.
- Assist the Teacher in the completion of the required environmental and developmental screenings/assessments.
- Assist the Teacher with facilitation of appropriate transition activities including parents, school district personnel, etc.
- Comply with all PA Pre-K Grant requirements for continued education, including CDA renewal when applicable.
- Attend all scheduled trainings and meetings (out-of-town travel may be required).
- Promote community awareness of the Pre-K Program and assist in the recruitment of eligible children.
- Assist the Teacher in maintaining, ordering and inventorying current classroom supplies, materials and equipment on an on-going basis.
- Assist the Teacher with providing information to families on community events, parent education classes and other items of importance.
- Assist the Teacher in the promotion of children’s physical and nutritional health and well-being.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to email@example.com. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical, TB, and Drug/Alcohol Testing
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.