- Time Category: Part Time
- Entry Wage: 12.64
- Job Location: Greene County, Washington County
- Reports to: WIC Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM – One day flexing early. Up to 28 hours a week. (Evening and Weekends On Call)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential.
- Attend peer counselor meetings and in-services as directed. Reads assigned books or materials about breastfeeding.
- Counsel WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers at the WIC clinic or by telephone contacts at scheduled intervals.
- Make routine, periodic contacts with assigned caseload of WIC clients.
- Promote breastfeeding with pregnant women and give basic breastfeeding information and support to new mothers. Help mothers prevent and handle common breastfeeding concerns.
- Assist in the development and implementation of breastfeeding plan.
- Communicates effectively with staff and participants using VENA
- Available outside usual 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. working hours to new mothers who are having breastfeeding problems.
- Keep accurate records of all contacts made with WIC clients; utilize the State WIC data system appropriately and accurately.
- Refer mothers according to clinic established protocols.
- Conduct prenatal classes and breastfeeding support groups.
- Attend regular staff meetings and breastfeeding conferences/workshops as appropriate.
- Assist WIC staff in promoting breastfeeding peer counseling through special projects and duties as assigned.
- Prepare breast pumps for rental, issue breast pumps and maintain pump tracking system.
- Cooperate with other staff; assist with outreach activities.
How to Apply
You must submit an application to be considered for employment. Use the Apply button on this page, or download an application to fill in offline. Submit the application by email to email@example.com. Or mail it to:
Attn: HR Generalist/Recruiter
150 West Beau Street, Suite 304
Washington, PA 15301
In completing our application form, you acknowledge that employment with Blueprints may subject you to the following checks:
- FBI Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia State Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Child Abuse/CPS History Check
- Pennsylvania &/or West Virginia Disclosure Statements
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Physical and TB
- Employment Reference Checks
- Educational Qualifications
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Medicaid Screenings
- National Sex Offender Registry Screening
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blueprints adheres to its Affirmative Action Policy providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and future applicants. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any lawful criteria.
Employment Eligibility Verification
U.S. Law requires that, if hired, you must furnish within 72 hours of starting work documents listed on the I-9 Form. One (1) document from List A or one (1) document from List B and one (1) document from List C. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Card issued by the Federal, State, or Local Government showing your identity
- Driver’s License or State Issued Photo I.D. Card
- School Photo I.D. Card
- U.S. Passport
- Voter Registration
- U.S. Military Card or Other Draft Card
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Birth
- Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
Blueprints is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicants and employees with disabilities must meet the qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the “essential functions” of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. To discuss or request a disability accommodation contact a representative of the HR Office by calling 724-225-9550 ext. 477.