October 27, 2014
Washington, PA — Community Action Southwest’s Early Childhood Services programs have been chosen for Barnes & Noble South Hills Village’s annual Holiday Book Drive. Partnering for the first time this year, B&N looks to continue the holiday tradition of giving by donating books, toys and games to the children enrolled in the Head Start Programs.
On Saturday, November 1st from 11:00-3:00, B&N will be hosting a kick-off event to help raise awareness of the agency’s latest initiatives and goals. Partial proceeds from those attending will go directly to the Early Head Start & Head Start Programs. This will also be the first time where customers can purchase a donated item to go to the program.
The past two years have proven to be successful, where the South Hills Village location had collected over 5000 items for children transitioning from hospital to home. This year, the store hopes to increase the numbers by an additional 25%. Customers can make the donations from November 1st through December 31st.
For additional information on these and other Barnes & Noble events in the South Hills, contact Matt Benson, Community Relations Manager, at 412.835.2492.
For additional information regarding Community Action Southwest, please call 1.877.814.0788.
- WQED Multimedia Names Four Washington County Partners for Ready to Learn Learning Neighborhood
- BLUEPRINTS HOME DELIVERED MEALS PROGRAM RECEIVES COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- BLUEPRINTS LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL LITERACY PROGRAM IN GREENE COUNTY
- 2021-2024 Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment
- Blueprints Responds to Pandemic Challenges