Washington, PA—Community Action Southwest is currently seeking volunteers in Washington and Greene Counties for its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. The program provides low-to-moderate income households with free income tax filing services, protects them from predatory or expensive filing services and ensures they receive all tax credits for which they are eligible.
Volunteers are needed for various positions including greeting and screening taxpayers and preparing income tax returns on Wednesdays from 1 p.m. until 9 p.m. in Washington and on Thursdays from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m. in Waynesburg during income tax return season. Volunteers do not need prior experience in tax filing as they receive training and certification through the program. Individuals may volunteer as little as two hours each week and more if their schedule allows.
Last year, VITA Volunteers helped to file 523 income tax returns in Washington and Greene Counties resulting in $776,690 in refunds which were funneled back into the local economy.
VITA is part of the agency’s Community Action WORKS initiative designed to serve its clients in a comprehensive fashion. Addressing adult education, employability, housing and asset development, while creating opportunities and providing support for economic independence is the framework through which client success is realized.
For additional information, please contact Rebecca by telephone at 724-225-9550 x. 439 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GREENE COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY & BLUEPRINTS PARTNER TO PROMOTE AFFORDABLE HOME OWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Blueprints Aging Well: Home Delivered Meals Program joins Meals on Wheels America and Subaru of America, Inc. in Sharing the Love this Holiday Season
- Blueprints Awarded With Grant From The Community Foundation of Greene County
- 2019 Legislative Breakfast
- Success Story featured on CAAP’s website www.thecaap.org!