November 28th, 2016
Washington, PA – Community Action Southwest’s (CAS) Home Ownership Center was honored by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) as “Best Agency” at a recent awards luncheon held in Harrisburg. According to PHFA, the award acknowledges the effectiveness of the overall performance of the comprehensive housing counseling programs at CAS.
CAS offers free appointments with HUD-certified housing counselors trained to assist area residents of all household incomes with the credit repair and home buying process or the foreclosure prevention process in both Greene and Washington Counties.
For homebuyers, counselors work with residents to determine what they can afford, review their credit scores, determine how credit scores can be improved when needed, discuss options for down payment assistance and explore pre-qualification for suitable loan programs.
For existing homeowners, counselors work with residents to help them refinance when needed and to enroll them in programs designed to prevent foreclosures through the national Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Initiative.
Additionally, listings of local realtors, homebuilders, mortgage lenders and home insurers, as well as local housing programs including the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Washington are also available.
Community Action Southwest’s Home Ownership Center receives funding through Washington County’s Local Share Account, the United Way of Washington County, PNC Bank, the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
For additional information, please call 724.225.9550 ext. 421.
- GREENE COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY & BLUEPRINTS PARTNER TO PROMOTE AFFORDABLE HOME OWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Blueprints Aging Well: Home Delivered Meals Program joins Meals on Wheels America and Subaru of America, Inc. in Sharing the Love this Holiday Season
- Blueprints Awarded With Grant From The Community Foundation of Greene County
- 2019 Legislative Breakfast
- Success Story featured on CAAP’s website www.thecaap.org!