October 20, 2015
Washington, PA—Community Action Southwest is currently seeking volunteers in Washington County for its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. The program provides low-to-moderate income households with free income tax filing services, protects them from predatory or expensive filing services and ensures they receive all tax credits for which they are eligible.
Community members interested in learning more about volunteering for the program are invited to attend an upcoming Open House as follows:
- Wednesday, October 28th from 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. at the Community Action Southwest office in Washington (150 West Beau Street, Suite 304)
Volunteers are needed for various positions including greeting and screening taxpayers and preparing income tax returns on Wednesdays from 1 p.m. until 9 p.m. during income tax return season. Volunteers do not need prior experience in tax filing as they receive training and certification through the program. Individuals may volunteer as little as two hours each week and more if their schedule allows.
Last year, VITA Volunteers helped to file 516 income tax returns in Washington and Greene Counties resulting in $663,878 in refunds which were funneled back into the local economy.
VITA is part of the agency’s Community Action WORKS initiative designed to serve its clients in a comprehensive fashion. Addressing adult education, employability, housing and asset development, while creating opportunities and providing support for economic independence is the framework through which client success is realized.
CAS receives funding from both the United Way of Washington County and the Greene County United Way to operate VITA.
For additional information or to RSVP for an open house event, please contact Rebecca by telephone at 724-225-9550 x. 439 or by email at email@example.com
- WQED Multimedia Names Four Washington County Partners for Ready to Learn Learning Neighborhood
- BLUEPRINTS HOME DELIVERED MEALS PROGRAM RECEIVES COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- BLUEPRINTS LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL LITERACY PROGRAM IN GREENE COUNTY
- 2021-2024 Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment
- Blueprints Responds to Pandemic Challenges