May 21, 2015
Community Action Southwest will hold a mass distribution of the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program checks on Friday June 5, 2015. The distribution is only for WIC-eligible women and their children over 2 years of age; it does not include senior citizens, who will have their own distribution date.
Distribution will take place from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Washington – WIC Clinic, 150 W. Beau St, Suite 202, Washington
- Waynesburg – WIC Clinic, 58 East Greene Street, Waynesburg
Those who normally receive services at satellite WIC clinics may pick up their farmers’ market checks at these centralized locations. No appointments are necessary, but participants are asked to bring their voucher holder and ID card.
Those who are unable to come on June 5 will receive their farmers’ market vouchers at their regular WIC appointments in June, July, August, or September.
The purpose of the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program is to provide nutritionally at-risk women and children with vouchers for fruits and vegetables from farmers’ markets and also to increase awareness and use of these markets. Eligible women and children will receive four $5 checks totaling $20 for the season.
For more information regarding WIC services in Washington and Greene Counties, call 1-877-814-0788, extension 440.
PA WIC is funded by USDA. USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- WQED Multimedia Names Four Washington County Partners for Ready to Learn Learning Neighborhood
- BLUEPRINTS HOME DELIVERED MEALS PROGRAM RECEIVES COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- BLUEPRINTS LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL LITERACY PROGRAM IN GREENE COUNTY
- 2021-2024 Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment
- Blueprints Responds to Pandemic Challenges