February 11, 2015
Washington, PA — Community Action Southwest is offering free classes at its Computer Learning Center in the City of Washington for lower income adults interested in enhancing their skills for employment or educational opportunities.
The classes taught include Basic Computer Skills, Internet Skills, Email Skills, Keyboarding, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. All of the classes are taught by volunteers once per week for four to six weeks (depending on the topic) and are held between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Three of the classes have been scheduled for next month:
- The Basic Computer Skills class consists of four sessions and will begin on Monday March 9th from 1:00pm to 3:30pm.
- The Microsoft Word Computer class consists of four sessions and will begin on Thursday, March 12th from 9:15am to 12:15am.
- The Microsoft Excel Computer class consists of six sessions and begins on Tuesday, March 17th from 10am to noon.
For more information or to enroll in a class please call Amanda at 724-225-9550 ext. 432.
CAS’ Computer Learning Center is part of the agency’s Community Action WORKS initiative designed to serve its clients in a comprehensive fashion. Addressing adult education, employability, skills, housing and asset development, while creating opportunities and providing support for economic independence is the framework in which client success is realized.
- The 2021-2022 Annual Report is HERE
- WQED Multimedia Names Four Washington County Partners for Ready to Learn Learning Neighborhood
- BLUEPRINTS HOME DELIVERED MEALS PROGRAM RECEIVES COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- BLUEPRINTS LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL LITERACY PROGRAM IN GREENE COUNTY
- 2021-2024 Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment