Washington, PA –Community Action Southwest is offering free classes at its Computer Learning Center in the City of Washington for lower income adults interested in enhancing their skills for employment or educational opportunities.
The classes taught include Basic Computer Skills, Internet Skills, Email Skills, Keyboarding, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. All of the classes are taught by volunteers once per week for four to six weeks (depending on the topic) and are held between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Three of the classes have been scheduled for next month:
– The Basic Computer Skills class consists of five sessions and will begin on Monday, September 12th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
– The Microsoft Word class consists of four sessions and will begin on Thursday, September 15th from 9:15am to 12:15pm.
– The Microsoft Excel class consists of six sessions and will begin on Monday, September 12th from 9:30pm to 11:30pm.
These classes will be offered at the agency’s Washington office location at 150 West Beau Street, Suite 304.
For more information, to enroll in a class or to be added to the waiting list for another class offering, please call Carly at 724-225-9550 ext. 424. Classes are offered based on community need.
CAS’ Computer Learning Center is part of the agency’s Community Action WORKS initiative designed to serve its clients in a comprehensive fashion. Addressing adult education, employability, skill enhancement, housing and asset development, while creating opportunities and providing support for economic independence is the framework in which client success is realized.
- GREENE COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY & BLUEPRINTS PARTNER TO PROMOTE AFFORDABLE HOME OWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Blueprints Aging Well: Home Delivered Meals Program joins Meals on Wheels America and Subaru of America, Inc. in Sharing the Love this Holiday Season
- Blueprints Awarded With Grant From The Community Foundation of Greene County
- 2019 Legislative Breakfast
- Success Story featured on CAAP’s website www.thecaap.org!