Materials Needed: Flower magazines, glue, paper
The children choose the flowers from the magazines that they like, cut them out and work together to make a large, group flower collage!
Materials Needed: Colorful muffin cup papers, white paper, crayons and miscellaneous art and craft supplies.
Talk about what growing flowers have (stem, leaves, roots, flower) and what they need (soil, sun, water, air).
Encourage them to create their own, unique flower that has ALL of the 4 parts of a flower using the materials provided. They can also use crayons or markers to make leaves and stems or they can use collage materials.
Baggie ice cream!
- Liquid measuring cup
- One resealable gallon-size bag
- Measuring spoons
- One resealable sandwich bag
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 6 tablespoons ice rock salt
- Add the milk, sugar, and vanilla to the sandwich bag and seal it.
- Add the rock salt to the gallon bag.
- Put the sandwich bag in the gallon bag.
- Fill the gallon bag with ice more than halfway to the top. Seal the gallon bag.
- Shake and roll the gallon bag for about 10 minutes or until you see ice cream.