WIC, the Women, Infants, and Children program, has been serving the community for 40 years. The WIC program is for pregnant and postpartum women, infants, and children up to five years
old interested in positive health outcomes, supplemental nutrition, and breastfeeding support.
WIC provides health screenings, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and referrals to participants in our community. The WIC program helps families establish good habits to improve overall health.
For instance, Monica, who was a client of the WIC program, had nothing but fantastic things to say. “Amanda Welch, the lactation lady stepped in and helped me tirelessly without giving up on me until I was healthy again and can produce… she always checks up on me and my kids to make sure we are doing well and her words was full of encouragement.”
As Blueprints continues to transition from its former name of Community Action Southwest, we felt as though it was important to recognize how WIC serves under the mission of Blueprints.
Erin Peters, WIC Manager, had this to say. “Qualifying families receive vouchers for nutritional foods that can save them more than $40 per month on groceries for each child… money that can be used for other necessities.” This helps enable the mother and children to become self-sufficient.
There are guidelines that qualify Women, Infants, and Children for the WIC program.
- Residents of Pennsylvania
- Pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women
- Infants and children under 5 years old
- Families with a household income of up to 185% of the FPGL
Remember, we’re here to help. Please visit the link below to find out more information on the income guidelines and to apply for WIC.
- WQED Multimedia Names Four Washington County Partners for Ready to Learn Learning Neighborhood
- BLUEPRINTS HOME DELIVERED MEALS PROGRAM RECEIVES COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- BLUEPRINTS LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL LITERACY PROGRAM IN GREENE COUNTY
- 2021-2024 Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment
- Blueprints Responds to Pandemic Challenges